Media & Resources
Useful resources and information for use by journalists, fundraisers and anyone supporting our work.
Before using any logos please seek permission of the Managing Director email@example.com which will be given once the context is deemed appropriate.
The SEED Madagascar logo must never be changed or adapted regardless of the format. This means do not redraw the logo, change the colours or distort its scale.
All of our latest videos can be accessed via our YouTube channel.
Madagascar: The facts
- Approximately 95% of Madagascar’s reptiles, 89% of its plant life, and 92% of its mammals exist nowhere else on Earth (WWF, 2014).
- In the past 20 years Madagascar has been struck by 35 cyclones, 8 floods, and 5 periods of severe drought (a three-fold increase over the previous 20 years) (USAID, 2016)
- Almost 80% of the population lives on less than $1.90 per day (World Bank, 2018)
- In the Anosy region where SEED works, 51.5% of 6-10 year olds have never been educated at school (World Bank, 2018)
- As of April 2021, there are 1.14 million people suffering from severe food insecurity in Madagascar (ReliefWeb, 2021)
- 70% of the Anosy region lacks access to safe drinking water (UNICEF, 2021)
- COVID-19 has pushed 1.4 million people in Madagascar into extreme poverty due to job losses in key manufacturing and service sectors, as well as the sudden loss of income for informal workers affected by lockdowns in major cities (ECHO, 2021).