Running marathons for SEED
Are you interested in running a marathon on behalf of SEED Madagascar? Do you want to raise money for an award winning charity that is helping to improve lives in the south east of Madagascar?
We regularly have allocated places in marathons, and may also already have a team of other runners for the event you're interested in. Let us know which race(s) you would like to run below.
Read the Terms and Conditions below and fill out the form, and we'll get back to you.
Terms and Conditions
- You are 18 years of age or older by the date of the event.
- You agree that You are physically and mentally capable of taking part in the Event and acknowledge the risks involved.
- You acknowledge that You are fully responsible for Your participation and SEED Madagascar does not accept responsibility or liability whatsoever in relation to your participation in or after the Event.
- You agree to sign a contract with SEED Madagascar outlining these Terms and Conditions in detail.
Payments and Donations
- You will endeavour to raise as much money as possible for SEED Madagascar in connection with your participation in the Event and, in particular, aim to raise the relevant minimum sponsorship pledge.
- You understand that sponsorship will be given by way of donation via a Virgin Money Page and is non-refundable.
- You agree to pay a deposit of £300 to SEED Madagascar which shall be refunded to You upon raising £300 on your Virgin Money Page.
- You agree to secure a licence from the relevant local authority before collecting funds on the street or in a public place. You acknowledge You are responsible for obtaining any such licence and this is not the responsibility of SEED Madagascar.
- You understand that Gift Aid does not count towards Your fundraising target.
Withdrawal, Cancellation & Alterations
- You will immediately (within two days) inform SEED Madagascar if anything happens which puts Your participation in doubt via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You accept that SEED Madagascar may terminate this contract by giving written notice to You.
- You may not transfer Your place at the Event to someone else without our prior written consent and provided that the Event Organiser consents to such transfer. We may refuse to consent to such a transfer where it is reasonable to do so.
Publicity and Data Protection
- You acknowledge that any photography or film footage taken as part of Your participation in the Event can be used for future promotional and marketing purposes by SEED Madagascar.
- You grant SEED Madagascar the right to film, photograph and interview You before, during and after the event.
- SEED Madagascar will be the data controller of the information You provide us or which we obtain in relation to the Event and the Event Organiser will be the data controller of any information we are required to pass on to them.
- You acknowledge that we will share Your contact details with:
- The Event Organiser where necessary to enable your participation. This information is shared securely and is deleted immediately after your details have been added.
- Any media reporting on the Event, with your agreement.